Saturday, March 13, 2010

Band Saw Blade Tooth Recommendation

FROM A NEW CUSTOMER:
"Hi. I fabricate custom Jet Ski stands out of 2" square tubing, angle & 2-1/2" angle, wall thickness varies between 1/8" - 3/16". I own the Grizzly G4030 metal bandsaw ( http://www.grizzly.com/products/6-1-2-x-9-1-2-Metal-Cutting-Bandsaw/G4030 ) It does the job fine. I do however need to purchase a great metal blade for my application & I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction. The blade size is 85"x3/4, still unclear regarding the best need of TPI, hoping you can point me in the right direction. I look forward to hearing from you & hopefully purchasing some quality metal band saw blades. Thanks, Carl Petron www.tufstands.com"

I DECIDED THAT THE A 3/4" BIMETAL M42 BAND SAW BLADE WITH A 10/14 TOOTH PATTERN WOULD WORK OUT GREAT FOR CARL. WE DISCUSSED HIS OPERATION ON THE PHONE AND VIA EMAIL.

"Joe, I appreciate your follow up call earlier today, this tells me where I'll be taking my business from here on in. Basically I own the grizzly G4030 metal bandsaw (http://www.grizzly.com/products/6-1-2-x-9-1-2-Metal-Cutting-Bandsaw/G4030 ). It's a simple bandsaw that does the job for the application I am fabricating. As per your recommendations the Bi Metal M42 (10-14 TPI) 3/4" WIDE is the best blade for my needs. I spoke to you about length and I'll require a 85" length (see Grizzly link specs). I look forward to hearing from you. I plane on purchasing well over $100 in blades & take advantage of the free shipping. Thank you sir. Carl Petron"

IF I CAN BE OF ASSISTANCE TO YOU, YOU CAN REACH ME AT www.detroitbandsaw.com
-Joe Bandsaw

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bandsaw is a great addition to any workshop, so much so that it should be your first choice when it comes to cutting timber as it’s safe, easy to set up and use, and is extremely versatile.
    Get More Info -: http://www.woodfordtooling.com/

    ReplyDelete